Flexible, Responsive, and Discrete
Whether you need occasional help or live-in assistance, our coaches work with you to determine what level of hands-on help is right for your unique situation. Sensitive and responsive, our coaches are as flexible as you need them to be.
If it needs to be done—it’s likely that our coaches can help.
Coaches can provide solutions where seemingly none currently exist such as:
- Helping someone to stay safe either before or after they go into residential rehab.
- Providing therapeutically beneficial companionship to an adolescent who is struggling with ASD.
- Helping mirror healthy relationships in day-to-day life outside of the work being done in therapy.
- A trusted ally helping you develop relationship skills in a supportive and non-judgmental way.
- Helping clients struggling with eating disorders through in-person or online meal support.
- Supporting a young adult, receiving treatment for schizophrenia to help take care of themselves properly.
Working as part of a team
Portobello Behavioural Health’s multidisciplinary approach means that coaches often work alongside case managers and therapists with access to our broader clinical team to provide direct practical support as part of a broader treatment plan. Experienced at managing complex situations, our coaches understand how their role can supplement and reinforce clinical goals set by therapists, psychologists or psychiatrists.
As with all services at Portobello Behavioural Health, our coaches operate with the highest level of discretion at all times. Coaches operate under the close supervision of our clinical team.
Understanding behavioural health coaching
Our coaches are trained to walk alongside clients in the journey to wellness, not as clinicians, but as trusted allies. Many of our carefully vetted coaches have lived experience with recovery and enjoy sharing a spirit of hope, camaraderie, and possibility with our clients.